July heat got you down? Cool off with this simple, refreshing summer cocktail that combines Sauvignon Blanc with ruby red grapefruit simple syrup. The recipe comes from Susan Braymer, owner of Laurentide Winery in Lake Leelanau, who describes the drink as “bracingly refreshing and a thirst-quenching quaffer.”
- 4 ounces Sauvignon Blanc (Braymer uses Laurentide’s own)
- 1 ounce elderflower tonic water
- 2–3 teaspoons ruby red grapefruit simple syrup
- In a tall wine glass, stir together Sauvignon Blanc, elderflower tonic water, and grapefruit simple syrup.
- Fill the wine glass to the top with ice and enjoy.