● 3 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
● 1 teaspoon fresh basil, chopped
● ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
● 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
● 1 clove garlic, minced
● 1 small shallot, minced
● Freshly cracked pepper and kosher salt
● 1 ½ pounds flank steak
● 5 ounces arugula
● 1 pint cherry tomatoes
● ½ pound aged cheddar, grated
1. Whisk together the white balsamic vinegar, basil, olive oil, Dijon, garlic, shallot, and salt and pepper to taste to create a vinaigrette. Reserve ¼ cup for the salad, and pour remaining vinaigrette into a zip-close bag and add the flank steak. Seal and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
2. Season the flank steak with salt and pepper. Heat a grill to medium-high and place flank steak on it. Grill each side for 5 minutes, moving to prevent too much charring. Remove steak from grill when internal temperature is 145 F. Let rest for 10 minutes and then slice into thin strips, cutting against the grain.
3. Divide the steak among 4 dinner plates. Top each plate with a little arugula, cherry tomatoes, and grated cheddar. Drizzle with the reserved vinaigrette and serve.
Round Barn Cabernet Sauvignon
Moersch Hospitality Group owns Tabor Hill, Free Run Cellars, and Round Barn wineries in Southwest Michigan.