Up your turkey-stuffing game with this recipe for dried cranberry and multigrain bread stuffing, courtesy of Cherry Creek Cellars in Brooklyn.
- 1 cup dried cranberries that have been soaked in 1 cup of cranberry wine, such as Cherry Creek Cellars’ Cranberry Passion, for several hours
- Two 8-ounce packages Neufchâtel cheese, softened
- 1 medium-sized sweet onion, finely chopped and sauteed in butter until soft
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons thyme
- 3 cups multigrain breadcrumbs (not large chunks, but not fine, either); try the bread from Meckley’s Flavor Fruit Farm in Cement City
- Drain cranberries, reserving the liquid. Chop them coarsely.
- Mix well the Neufchâtel, cranberries, onion, pepper, and thyme. Mix in the breadcrumbs. Pour the reserved cranberry wine over the bread mix, folding to blend.
- Stuff poultry and bake as directed.
This recipe was originally published Aug. 30, 2019, and has been updated.